- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1 inch strips or chunks
- 2 large onions, quartered and sliced thinly
- 1 apple, chopped into cubes
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 teaspoon Madras curry powder
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/3 cup chicken broth or water
- hot cooked rice
Mix all ingredients, except rice, together in the slow cooker/Crock Pot. Cover and cook on low from 6 to 8 hours, or until chicken is tender. Serve over rice.
Crockpot chicken and rice recipe serves 4.